CF MOTO ZFORCE
CF MOTO ZFORCE
Parking brake for your CF MOTO ZFORCE - Fits ALL Trail and Sport models years 2023 and newer.
This brake does not have the locking feature.
- Remove brake pedal. There are two cotter pins to remove, one on the master cylinder pin, and one on the pedal pivot pin. Note the orientation of the spring during removal to replace in the same manner for re-installing.
- Using the flat plate as a template, place the narrow end of the plate at 2 inches above the top of the foot pedal. Mark and drill 2 holes, ¼”. (The placement of this plate is not overly critical, simply match the curve of the plate to the curve in the pedal, at approximately 2” as shown)
- Use supplied nuts and bolts to secure plate to the left (flat) side of the arm.
- Reinstall pedal assembly, noting the position of the return spring. The factory flat washer goes on the outside of the pivot pin.
- Remove the 2- 10mm bolts just behind the throttle pedal.
- Place the parking brake behind the pedals, install using the 2 supplied bolts. (6mm-1.0 x 20mm) The factory bolts are not long enough to attach the parking brake.
- Use right foot to depress the brakes pedal, use left toes to slide the red lever to the right and lock down the pedal.
- To release, simply press the brake pedal again until the lever releases and springs back to the left.
- Note: there is some flex in the unit when used, as it is mounted to the plastic firewall.
When parking on a hill always set the parking brake BEFORE putting transmission into park.
ALWAYS USE PARK WITH THE SPRING BRAKE THINGY AND MAKE SURE YOUR BRAKES ARE IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION.